Uni-Spray Systems Inc. is committed to excellence in customer service in all areas including, to the degree possible, preventing and eliminating barriers experienced by individuals with disabilities. To this extent Uni-Spray Systems Inc. has developed policies and an “Accessibility Plan” plan aimed at meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, (the AODA), 2005 and Integrated Accessibility Standards (IASR). A copy of this plan will be posted on the company’s web site and will be updated on the progress of implementation.
Uni-Spray recognizes that individuals with disabilities may have different needs and we will identify, remove and prevent barriers in customer service and employment. We will treat all people in a manner that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence and contribute to their maximum potential. As an equal opportunity employer Uni-Spray will provide facilities, processes, tools and training to create an accommodating and barrier free work environment. Uni-Spray will review and modify or eliminate any of its’ corporate policies that do not respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.
Under the IASR, the following accessibility standards set requirements applicable to Uni-Spray Systems Inc.
- Customer Service
- Information and Communications
A copy of the Accessibility Plan will be provided upon request, to any individual in a hard, electronic or other Accessible Format.
The plan will be reviewed no less than once every five (5) years or at such frequency as may be deemed necessary.
The President is responsible for the review and update of the Accessibility Plan as follows:
- The development and maintenance of policies.
- The development and provision of resources for delivery of training programs.
- Procuring resources for the implementation of web accessibility.
- Maintenance of “Customer Service Standards”.
- Ensuring that future Design of Public Spaces complies with the standards.
- Compliance with Employment Standards.
- Compliance with Human Rights, Privacy, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act and other existing laws.
Uni-Spray will provide training to employees on the requirements of the IASR and Human Rights Code as it pertains to people with disabilities by January 1, 2016.
New employees will be provided with training as soon as practicable.
A record of training will be maintained and training will be updated as the need arises.
Information and Communications:
Emergency preparedness and visitor policies are included in the company’s health and safety program and requirements are communicated prior to access to any Uni-Spray Facility. Policies can be made available in accessible format or with communication supports as necessary.
Feedback, Accessible Formats and Communication Supports:
Uni-Spray Systems Inc. promotes feedback from customers, visitors, contractors and employees. Feedback can be delivered in person, over the phone, in writing (handwritten, by mail, e-mail). Uni-Spray will also provide or receive feedback in accessible formats including but not limited to large print, audio or electronic formats, or braille.
Uni-Spray Systems Inc. will review all employment policies and hiring practices to ensure that the needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account:
- Notify employees and the public of the availability of accommodation during the recruitment process;
- Notify applicants selected for interviews that accommodation is available;
- Upon request, arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation; and
- If required, provide customized workplace safety and emergency information to employees who have a disability.